Saturday, May 4, 2013

29th Anniversary Week Services Started Right….in Prayer!



What a blessing it was for all of us to join together in prayer all through the night last evening and into the wee hours of the early morning.  It was such an encouragement for me to see so many of the FBBC folks and families go in and out of the church building all night long. Doing what? Simply spending time together in prayer as a church family! Glory to God.

I know it pleased the Lord for us to enter into His Throne Room with thanksgiving and praise. Why? Well, for each of us to sacrifice some sleep during the time when we all would normally be asleep, in order to seek His face and His direction for the Anniversary week of services.  It was our desire to intercede on behalf of not only our church family, but also praying for our many lost family, neighbors, co-workers and friends.  We are praying for us as Christians to get into a closer walk with Him, as well as the lost to come to know Christ as Saviour. 

So, continue to invite folks!  Encourage them to attend these services!  Be faithful to attend yourself! (I remember a visitor coming to church one Sunday morning and saying to me, "Pastor Benson, I was invited to church by ________. I can't find them. Where are they?"  Well, they were not in church themselves and the one they invited came expecting to see _______,  only to be disappointed that they were not there. How heartbreaking!)  We need to be faithful to the Lord Jesus Christ, not just for our own spiritual edification and growth, but also for others! May the Lord be blessed this coming week as we come together as family to hear from Him!

Thanks for blessing my heart last night! I was so encouraged!  I love you!  Thanks for loving me!  Most of all, thanks for loving our wonderful Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment